The IPL Player Registration closed on 4th February 2021 with 1097 players (814 Indian and 283 overseas players) signing up to be a part of the IPL 2021 Player Auction set to take place in Chennai on 18th February 2021.
The Auction will begin from 3 PM onwards.
The player’s list incorporates 207 capped, 863 uncapped and 27 Associate players. The detailed list is as below:-
- Capped Indian (21 players)
- Capped International (186 players)
- Associate (27 players)
- Uncapped Indian players who have played at least 1 IPL match (50 players)
- Overseas uncapped players who have played at least 1 IPL match (2 players)
- Uncapped Indians (743 players)
- Uncapped International (68 players)
Note:- If every franchise were to have the maximum of 25 players in their squad, 61 players will be taken in the auction (of which up to 22 may be overseas players).
The country-wise breakdown of 283 overseas players is listed below: